Microsoft Project/JIRA Synchronizer (next MSProject/JIRA Synchronizer) is designed for project managers desiring have powerful tool to control projects in Atlassian JIRA. MSProject/JIRA Synchronizer is able synchronise local Microsoft Project Office (MSP) plan with remote JIRA project and support this synchronisation in case of following changes provided on any side. It's realized as Microsoft Project template containing a set of specially developed VBA scripts. Typical user which can find this tool useful is a project manager using JIRA for assigning and distributing issues.
Both tools (Microsoft Project and JIRA) considered separately have own advantages and disadvantages. For example, Microsoft Project is designed to assist a project manager in developing plans, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analysing workloads. It has a popular interface and a lot of important capabilities required in budget calculations, expenses and risks estimations, etc. But for interaction with members of your project, you have to install and support hard and bulky server solution based on portal.
As for JIRA, you get an excellent server solution for change management in projects but it will not give you comfortable interface for working with large number of change requests such as tasks, defects and other issues types (may be, even custom ones).
MSProject/JIRA Synchronizer is a tool that will bring your Microsoft Project into JIRA project environment. You will be able work in Microsoft Project creating and updating tasks, building their hierarchical structure, setting metadata for them and reflect those changes in JIRA, and so on. As well as changes in JIRA can be translated into Microsoft Project plans.
- The synchronisation solution can be configured to work in several modes based on user needs:
- Forward synchronisation (in direction from Microsoft Project plan to JIRA project).
- Backward synchronisation (reflecting current JIRA project's data in Microsoft Project plan).
- Bi-directional synchronisation (later updated data will replace earlier updated).
- Synchronisation process can be started either manually or automatically in accordance to schedule.
- You can set a hierarchy of issue types based on which backward synchronisation will build task structure in Microsoft Project plan for linked issues.
- Supported synchronisation in multi project mode when you will need synchronise a single Microsoft Project plan with several JIRA projects.
- Supported synchronisation of default JIRA data including resources, time tracking data, etc.
- Supported synchronisation of custom JIRA issues fields.
- Supported synchronisation with JIRA stand-alone servers and projects created on the cloud.
- No additional software installations required on both sides (Microsoft Project and JIRA).
- Synchronisation metadata are saved in Microsoft Project plan only. There's no synchronisation metadata saved on JIRA side. You don't need create additional issues and store in JIRA to save synchronisation data.
- If the tasks where removed in Microsoft Project plan, synchronisation process can not delete issues in JIRA any way because it's impossible define whether they should be deleted or, otherwise, were created from scratch. But backward synchronisation can delete MSP tasks if the related JIRA issues are absent in JIRA.
- You can use the tool for building light backups of JIRA issues, for redirecting synchronisation process to other JIRA servers, as well as for exporting issues into Excel and other processing tools.
Microsoft Office Project 2013, 2016, Atalassian Jira v5.x and higher (server or cloud). You have to enable macroses in Microsoft Project plan, and give access to JIRA REST API for a technical user accessing server.
|Number of licenses||Price per single user|
|1 (one user only)||$499|
Contact us for getting a demo version.